Neuville-Bourjonval is a village 14 kilometres east of Bapaume and 4 kilometres south-east of Belincourt. The Cemetery is near the east side of the village and 173 metres from the east side of the by-road to Hermies.
Neuville-Bourjonval village was taken on the 28th-29th March 1917, by the 12th King's Liverpool Regiment, lost on the 22nd March 1918, and retaken on the following 4th and 5th September by the 42nd (East Lancashire) Division. The British Cemetery was begun by the 11th Rifle Brigade in April, 1917 and used by the 42nd and other Divisions until March 1918; further burials were made in Rows B and C in September 1918. There are now over 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified and four are represented by special memorials.